For the most part buyers make decisions on a purchasing a home from the emotional side.
- What will it be like for their family growing up there?
- Can they start a family there?
- What will the Holidays be like?
- Will their posessions find their righful place in the home?
- What will dinner time be like?
- Will little Suzie or Johnny like the back yard?
The Holiday season itself is full of pleasant smells – why not help it a long?
Here are some simple tips and reminders for making sure that your home passes the “Sniff Test”:
- IF you smoke or have a smoker in the house don’t allow smoking in your house for weeks leading up to showing it
- Find a pet-sitter for a few days, and clean, clean, clean!
- Consider doing some baking prior to showings. The scent of fresh apple pie is hard to beat when it comes to creating the atmosphere of a welcoming home!
- If weather permits open the windows for a few hours to allow the fresh air in and the stale air out!
- If you know there is a showing scheduled for the next day it is best not to prepare fish or an dish heavy on spices the night before.
- Empty the trash!
If you are in a real pinch, here is one trick that always works for me.
Mix a little water with vanilla extract, brown sugar and a few cinnamon sticks. You can either place in a pot on the stove and simmer or place in the oven on WARM. Beautiful aromas will soon fill your home making it inviting and pleasant!