Jackie Connelly-Fornuff has a brilliant post that I wanted to share with you. While Jackie may be in New York we have similar Agency Laws here in North Carolina. You may remember from a few posts that I have recently written…..
Enough simply can not be said for Buyer’s Agency!
Thanks, Jackie, for your contributions!
She/He Who Finds The First House We Like Gets The Commission
Buyer’s Agents work their tails off to find their clients the home of their dreams. They spend countless hours searching for homes online and previewing homes without you so your time is not wasted.
So, when you tell us you don’t want buyer representation you mean the following:
- You don’t want us to research area home sales in order to get you the lowest price possible.
- You don’t want us to negotiate for you to get you the lowest price possible.
- You don’t want us to give you information that we find out by accident that could get you the lowest price possible.
- You don’t want us to tell you anything that could get you a lower price.
- You don’t want representation during the home inspection and when something goes awry, you want to be on your own.
- You don’t want our services for free.
- You do want us to run around viewing homes before showing them to you because you do not want your time wasted.
- You do want us to take you to Open Houses on the weekends and fore go our personal time.
- You do want us at your disposal no matter what.
Without buer representation, #1 through #5 you will get without a doubt. Without signing the Exclusive Buyer’s Agreement, all Realtors work for the seller, period. We can’t do the 5 steps above. We can’t do anything that could prevent the seller from getting the highest price possible. The law says we can’t and we don’t.
Buyer’s Agents will do everything humanly possible to find you that dream home and keep the deal together when things go wrong. They will be in your corner all the way.
Most Realtors do not like it when they are dealing with a buyer who wants to work with other Realtors at the same time. We all have access to the same homes you see online. We know that after weeks or months, you will call letting us know you found a home through another Realtor and thank us for our efforts.
Realtors are professionals. We know our markets. We are knowledgeable. We will break our back to find you that perfect home. We know real estate laws. We have respect for ourselves and our profession. We take ourselves seriously and so should you.
Yes, you have a choice. You can work with as many Realtors as you want or not. Realtors also have choices. Most of us will not play the “first Realtor who finds me a home gets the commission” because we have self-respect. Real estate is our livelihood, not a game. Treat us the way you expect to be treated.