Buying a home can be a trying time for anyone whether you are a first time buyer or a seasoned homeowner. However, with a Team and a Plan you can successfully and with the least amount of stress find that perfect home in no time! There are just a few simple pre-home search tips and tricks and I am happy to share them with you!
You Need A Team! Yes, a TEAM to help you purchase your new home. Who does your Team consist of?
- YOUR AGENT! And by YOUR agent I mean a Buyer’s Agent. A Buyer’s Agent will be an incredible asset and advocate and most times can offer “inside scoop” information on many of the areas local developments, etc
- Your Lender – You need to choose a financial lender that YOU are comfortable with. Each bank is different so it is important that you ask questions of several lenders before deciding which one is right for you.
- Your Attorney* – Your agent will be able to recommend several attorneys for you and you should speak with several before making a decision on which one will represent you in this most important transaction. *North Carolina is a Closing Attorney state. Our closings are NOT handled by Escrow or Title Companies. While this post is addressed to everyone I can only speak from a North Carolina perspective – things may be different in your state.
- Your Inspector – Your home inspector is a CRUCIAL member of your team! While Home Inspections are optional it is best to spend that few hundred dollars to catch any defects in a home that could cost thousands of dollars if gone un-noticed. Ask your agent to recommend a few home inspectors – it is SO worth it!
Now that you have your team assembled it is time to get your PLAN together! Once you have found your Buyer’s Agent you can get down to business and here are a few steps to get you going in the right direction!
- Price Range – This is where your Lender comes into play! A lender will be able to get an in-depth view of your financial picture and help you to discover what you can reasonably afford. It is imperative that you speak with a lender PRIOR to previewing homes so as NOT to spend valuable time going in the wrong direction.
- Make a List of Wants and Needs – Sit down and make a list of Wants – those things that you think would be nice to have in your new home. You don’t NEED them but you would LIKE them. Then make a list of your Needs – those are your absolute musts such as 3 bedrooms, 1st Floor Master, etc.
- Research your Local Real Estate Market – Have your Buyer’s agent provide you with local listings, market reports, local community information and more. This is the best way to get familiar with a particular area and narrow down your desired areas/
Just a few simple steps in planning and preparation is all that is needed to get you heading down the right path to your new home! With your pre-approval from your lender, a little market knowledge from your Buyer’s Agent, and your list of wants and needs you are ready to find that home and make an offer!
If you do happen to be looking for homes for sale in Wake Forest NC I would love to be your Buyer’s Agent. Feel free to call me at 919-649-6128 or simply send me an email! I am available to answer any questions that you may have about buying a home, the local Wake Forest NC Real Estate Market and any subdivisions or homes that you may want information. I look forward to hearing from you!