With Spring just around the corner one can’t help but think of fresh new beginnings, clean air, blooming flowers and days that start to linger a little longer. If you are thinking about selling your home then Spring is an exceptional time to enter the housing market! You’ll be sparkling fresh and ready for all of the buyers that are getting those tax refund checks, looking to relocate and even those that are looking to move to a new neighborhood. Who knows, your home just might be THE ONE that someone has always driven by and dreamed they could own!
You have a little time to get your home ready before the start of the Spring market so take advantage of this time and be one step ahead. Here are a few tips and ideas that can help you road map your way to a successful listing come Spring…….
- Clear out the clutter! It’s a great time to start organizing those old, unused items and having a yard sale. Still too cold for a yard sale where you are? Craigslist is a great place to get some items sold as it eBay. Don’t forget you can also donate most items to your local Habitat for Humanity or Goodwill or check out your local area to see if you have a local chapter of Freecycle.org.
- Address some of those little projects that you have putting off. Check around your home for leaky faucets, squeaky doors, burnt out lightbulbs and caulking around tubs and sinks. What may seem little fixes will ultimately have a big impact!
- Update your decor! Neutral is key when it comes to home colors and decor. A gallon of paint in a neutral color can truly transform a room! Just add a few accents like throw pillow or accent rugs with some complimentary color to add a little “punch”!
- Take a tour of the exterior of your home. Clean out those gutters, powerwash your house, deck, drive and walkways, spruce up the front door with a new doorhandle, kickplate and knocker, and don’t forget to take a look at your mailbox! Clean it up!
- Weed out and spruce up your landscaping. Landscaping doesn’t have to be overwhelming at all! Nicely trimmed beds, fresh cut shrubs and neat natural areas will go along way!
- Start interviewing for potential Realtors® NOW! All agents/companies are not the same. Speak to several to get a good idea of what you can expect from them, their company and exactly what is involved with selling your home. Be sure to be honest about your time frame with them and when you find the RIGHT agent for you they can help you get your home ready to be shown in its best possible light!
Winter may still be here but now is certainly the time to start getting your home ready for the fresh and exciting Spring market in Real Estate! If you are in the Wake Forest NC area and would like to ask a few more questions to start getting your home prepared – I would be delighted to review my marketing plan with you and how I can help you get your home sold! Just give me a call or send me an email – it’s just that easy!